This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error installing PowerSSAS

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:07 PM

I did install everything necessary for PowerSSAS, but I get this error message when installing it :

Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files\powerSSAS\powerSSAS.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files\powerSSAS\powerSSAS.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files\powerSSAS\powerSSAS.InstallLog
An exception occurred while trying to find the installers in the C:\Program Files\powerSSAS\powerSSAS.dll assembly.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Aborting installation for C:\Program Files\powerSSAS\powerSSAS.dll.
Rolling back assembly 'C:\Program Files\powerSSAS\powerSSAS.dll'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files\powerSSAS\powerSSAS.dll
   logfile = C:\Program Files\powerSSAS\powerSSAS.InstallLog
An exception occurred while trying to find the installers in the C:\Program Files\powerSSAS\powerSSAS.dll assembly.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Aborting installation for C:\Program Files\powerSSAS\powerSSAS.dll.

I installed the SQL 2008 Extension went fine.  I'm on a VM win2k3 r2 32 bit with sql 2008 ent.

Note I did use the powerssas 2008 package, I changed the path to see if it changed something.

thx for the help

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2009 at 10:31 PM

I'll have to try to setup a VM to test this. It sounds kind of like a problem with a pre-requisite. I also have both 2005 & 2008 on my dev machine so it could possibly have something to do with that.

Sep 17, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2009 at 1:34 PM

thx,

I'll remake a vm without SQL server just win2k3r3 and all perequisites for powershell, powerssas and powersmo, to see if it works.

OK from a fresh install of win2k3 :

Installed:

ASP.NET 2, powershell 1.0, Microsoft Analysis Management Objects, Microsoft ADOMD.NET, PowerSSAS

NO GO!

Installed :

ASP.NET 3.5, Native Clients tools SQL 2008, msxml6 SP1, windows installer 4.5, PowerSSAS

NO GO!!

Currently installing alls Windows updates :

NO GO EITHER!!

I installed almost everything available in the SQL 2008 Feature pack :

NO GO!!

Installing Powershell 2.0 CTP 3 :

NO GO!

Installed Microsoft Analysis Management Objects, Microsoft ADOMD.NET, PowerSSAS : all for SQL 2005

WORKS !!!

Ré installing PowerSSAS 2008

WORKS !!!

Does it uses SQL 2005 modules ??? (I'll restart from the beginning)

I have kept screenshots if needed!

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Confirm, the PowerSSAS package requires : Microsoft Analysis Management Objects, Microsoft ADOMD.NET, NativeClient for SQL 2005

then you can install powerSSAS 2008!

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2009 at 5:18 AM
Edited Sep 19, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I just double checked and the only references to extra libraries that powerSSAS.dll has is to Analysis Management Objects (AMO) and ADOMD.NET, so it should not even need the Native Client.

Sep 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Native Client 2005 is a prerequisite XMO 2005, wich is a prerequiste of PowerSSAS 2008.  Are there plans to use the XMO and ADOMD of SQL 2008 soon, is there any major defference between the 2005 versions and 2008  ?