This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

New Compilation of powerSSAS

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hi Darren,

I just love powerSSAS. It's a great tool and I use it a lot for my daily activities. It helps me to ease better into PoSH, SSAS and AMO.

Any chance you could create a new Compilation of all the changes and submit it for all to download? Especially the Get-ASDimension would be of great interest.

Thanks and all the best to you.

Reiner

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Hi Reiner,

I have just put up an interim release for version 0.3.1.4 here http://powerssas.codeplex.com/releases/view/80703

I have not marked it as the default release yet as I have not done a lot of testing on it, but you are welcome to try it out. Most of the new stuff should be pretty solid, but there are some deployment and performance benchmarking related functionality that I am still working on.

Darren

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Great. Thanks for doing this. I'm sorry to bug you with an install error, but maybe you know the solution.

Import-Module : Cannot load Windows PowerShell snap-in C:\Users\Reiner\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\powerSSAS\powerSSA
S.dll because of the following error: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Loader Exceptions:
Could not load file or assembly 'MDXParser, Version=0.4.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. T
he system cannot find the file specified.
At C:\Users\Reiner\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Microsoft.PowerShell_profile.ps1:14 char:14
+ import-module <<<<  powerSSAS
    + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [Import-Module], PSSnapInException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSnapInLoadFailure,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Thanks lots for your help. Maybe I can be your Beta-Tester. :-)

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Sorry about that. I was experimenting with including some of the MDX Studio functionality into PowerSSAS, but I'm not entirely given that MDX studio is no longer under active development I'm not convinced that taking this dependency is a good idea, so I've excluded that DLL and those cmdlets from the project for the time being.

So I've pushed out a new 0.3.1.5 release at http://powerssas.codeplex.com/releases/view/80770

Having a beta tester would be great, specially for stuff like this that works on my machine. If you have any ideas for improvements or new features feel free to let me know.

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Hi Darren,

I tested the new version and it works. Sometimes posting a picture is better than typing a whole bunch of words. Any chance I can post screenshots or send them otherwise to you?

Reiner

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Test whether picture posting works

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I don't think these forums will let you attach things. :(

If you want to contact me via email you can click on my username on the left hand side and then on my profile page under my picture there is a contact link that will let you email me.